*Members Only* Sheila Jones Trec Clinic – Saturday 8th October
*Members Only* Sheila Jones Trec Clinic – Saturday 8th October.
- Sessions are 1hr 30 mins and cost £22.50 per person.
- Groups will be a maximum of 4.
- TREC is a sport intended to test the skills of a horse and rider in planning and executing a long distance ride in unfamiliar country. It originated in France as a way of testing and improving the skills of trail ride leaders, and was introduced into the UK in the early 1990s.
- In this clinic Sheila will cover, (MA) a simple test of how slowly your horse can canter and how quickly it can walk without breaking into trot from either pace and PTV, (a course of up to 16 optional obstacles) there is a large range of obstacles but they are all designed to test things that would normally be encountered out hacking in the British countryside and you will not be eliminated if there is something that you can’t, or don’t want to do.
- Obstacles include mounting and dismounting, going through water or under low hanging trees, opening gates, crossing bridges and negotiating various types of terrain.
- This clinic will be held in the arena at Netherton Livery, HR9 7HZ from 10am.
- Total beginners and the more practiced are welcome to attend. If you would like to observe the clinic please email email@example.com to arrange with Helen as space is limited.
- Anyone attending is advised to read up on Trec beforehand so they get the most out of the session.
- Visit: https://trecgb.com/